· Worked with stakeholder,
legislative, and special interest groups to help shape policy that supports
wind development and REC marketing.
· Communicated with supply development
team on market trends dictated by REC supply/ demand/pricing
· Tracked and reported on various
Renewable Energy Initiatives within the United States, focusing on the New
England and Mid Atlantic Regions:
- State Renewable
Portfolio Standards- including NY, PA, NJ, NH, IL, CA
Greenhouse Gas Initiative
- Clean Air
- Carbon Markets
· Managed acquisition
of NOx and SOx allowances to retire for Renewable Energy Credits that are
commercial and industrial customers who support wind energy.
The EarthCycle Campaign, Alaska to Argentina
June 2004-June 2005
Extended Tour Cyclist
· Informally founded The EarthCycle Campaign as a bike tour for the environment.
· Planned 14,000 mile bike ride which included various stops along the way to exchange information about simple ways we, as individuals, can lower our impact on our environment.
· Created a range of presentations and pamphlets to distribute:
- Power points for children and adults in communities
- Speeches with minimal materials
- Lessons in Science and Geography for children of grades 4th-8th
- Presentations to mixed age-group audiences
- All events and presentations were created to address local issues such as logging and how it affects watershed deterioration, bay and ocean pollution, over fishing, adverse effects of mining, and natural gas and petroleum flaring to name a few.
· Maintain a website, with support, to share the experience of the tour as well as provide
information gathered along the way about more ways to lower our impact
· Sponsored in part by Clif Bar, Patagonia, and Rudy Project -Technically Cool Eyewear
PWI Energy, Philadelphia
March 2001-June 2004
Certified Energy Procurement Professional
· Created emissions reductions
goals for clients and monitored conservation projects that
contributed to overall CO2 emissions reductions. With our
guidance, Pfizer has announced a CO2 Emissions Reduction Goal for
· Collaborated with Voluntary Climate Change Programs such as
WWF Climate Savers and EPA’s Climate Leaders to assure
our clients’ emissions reductions goals are challenging and
our data management is certifiable.
· Investigated Climate Change Policies in various countries
where clients will be affected by the Kyoto Protocol and other
mandatory emission reductions programs.
· Managed various clients’ natural gas, electricity, and
fuel oil use patterns to save money via tax exemptions, tariff switches
and third party supply options.
· Managed and coordinated energy conservation projects
involving HVAC, Lighting, Boilers, Compressed Air Systems, and control systems as well as
at all of our clients’ Spanish speaking sites.
Peace Corps, Honduras
September 1998-December 2000
· Designed and implemented
management plans for the promotion and protection of a newly designated
17,300- acre wildlife refuge: Corralitos. Field investigations
of fauna and flora were planned and trails were designated.
· Performed an 11-day study in the Río Plátano
Biosphere Reserve to assess the environmental and economic feasibility
of creating an ecotourism adventure to be handled by Native Pesch
· Organized, designed, and constructed a water and sanitation
project in a town located within the buffer zone of the wildlife
· Facilitated monthly environmental activities with 69 students
at the local school to encourage and promote the preservation
of the Wildlife Refuge.
· Conducted a workshop for 40 formal and non-formal educators
on the proper integrated use of Environmental Education
materials donated by the North American Association for Environmental
activities conducted in Spanish
Gettysburg Recreational Adventure Board (GRAB),
· Planned and carried
out rock climbing, backpacking, horizontal and vertical caving trips
for the campus community and youth groups with a focus
on team building, leadership development, and conflict resolution.
Gettysburg College, Gettysburg,
PA BA Environmental Science; Biology Minor
Semester at Duke University Marine Laboratory,